About SE |
SE Professional Training |
Returning Students/Practitioners |
Find a Practitioner
Tuition for the Professional SE Training Program
The following tuition prices are for US classes only. International training costs vary by
location and can be found by contacting the local coordinators in each area. These prices
are effective as of December 1, 2010.
Beginning I (4 days) $800 ($750 if you register 30 days in advance)
Beginning II (4 days) $800 ($750 if you register 30 days in advance)
Beginning III (4 days) $800 ($750 if you register 30 days in advance)
Intermediate I (4 days) $800 ($750 if you register 30 days in advance)
Intermediate II (4 days) $800 ($750 if you register 30 days in advance)
Intermediate III (4 days) $800 ($750 if you register 30 days in advance)
Advanced I (6 days) $1175 ($1125 if you register 30 days in advance)
Advanced II (6 days) $1175 ($1125 if you register 30 days in advance)
* Advanced trainings typically take place at residential retreat centers across the US.
Travel may be necessary. Travel, retreat commuter fees, and room and board are not included in the tuition.
SESSIONS REQUIRED OBTAIN THE SE® PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATE:
Participants who wish to earn their SE® Practitioner certificate are also
required to obtain and pay separately for
sessions and case consultations over the course of the three-year training:
NUMBER OF SESSIONS REQUIRED:
- 12 hours of Personal Sessions
- 18 Credit Hours of Case Consultations
- Individual Case Consultations (One-on-one format. One contact hour = 1 credit hour)
- Group Case Consultations (Group format. 3 contact hours = 1 credit hour)
- Faculty members may charge a maximum rate of $150/hour for credited personal sessions and individual case consultations
- Non-faculty providers may charge a maximum rate of $100/hour for credited personal sessions or individual case
consultations. This maximum rate applies if the session is given at a training location or at the provider’s private office.
- Group consultations will be charged at a maximum rate of $75 for a 3 hour group consultation.
A list of current approved providers is available by clicking here >>. These lists are updated quarterly.
TRAVEL, LODGING and COMMUTER FEES:
Travel and lodging costs are the responsibility of each participant. Beginning and Intermediate classes are generally held
in a single location; however, participants may need to travel to the Advanced courses. For example, if you start in San
Francisco with Beginning I, you can expect to stay in San Francisco through Intermediate III. Participants completing
Intermediate III will merge with other Intermediate III classes to form a larger Advanced class. There may be a commuter
fee charged to participants staying offsite for the Advanced level trainings.
Those who travel to the US to take classes are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel Visas and documents.
For courses in the United States, you can register securely online through our website. Simply visit the Training Schedule to locate and register for a class.
New applicants for the SE® Professional Training will be required to complete & submit the following items for review and acceptance into the program.
- Beginning I training registration form (apply online or download here >>)
- A current Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- A one-page biography which includes brief descriptions of all of the following:
- Your current professional practice
- The number of clients you see each week
- A short statement indicating your primary interest in learning SE®
- Personal traumas you have experienced and how you dealt with them. Please note that due to the depth of the work, these traumas may be triggered during the training.
- Signed SE® Training Informed Consent and Release Agreement:
download here >>
Visa, Master Card, Personal Check, Company Check or Money Order.
International costs may vary.
The Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute offers three payment options for participation in the SE® Professional Training.
- Payments can be made in full by MasterCard or Visa through online registration.
- Payments can be made in full directly to the SE® Trauma Institute office using one of the methods of payment above. You may mail checks or money orders, or call our office with credit card information to make a payment.
SE® Trauma Institute
6685 Gunpark Drive, Suite 102
Boulder, CO 80301
Phone: (303) 652-3035
Fax: (303) 652-4039
- Installment plans, called Payment Plans, can be set up by filling out and submitting a Promissory Note. Payment Plans allow participants to pay for their training in monthly installments of $100 or more. A $30 processing fee will apply for each class set up using a payment plan.
Download >> Payment Plan Promissory Note
Full refunds will be given if an applicant is denied acceptance into the program for any reason. A full refund, less a $100 administrative fee, will be issued if withdrawing from a class. Class tuition can be transferred in full to another class without losing the $100 administrative fee.
REFER A COLLEAGE AND RECEIVE $100
If you are a currently enrolled in an upcoming Beginning I training or have completed any portion of our SE® Professional Training, you are eligible for our referral program.
Refer a colleague, and receive a $100 referral fee. The referred applicant will need to put your name in the “referred by” section on the Beginning I training application. If they are accepted into the program, you will receive $100 check after they complete the Beginning I training module.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE THAT QUALIFY:
You may download the forms below to learn more.
Download >> Scholarship Application
Download >> Scholarship Application Checklist
The SE® Trauma Institute offers a 15% discount to groups of 3-5 participants or 25% discount to groups of 6 or more participants when ALL of the following requirements are met:
DISCOUNT FOR ATTENDING AN SE® INTRODUCTORY WORKSHOP:
- The group works for the same public or private organization
(school district, crisis center, group private practice, etc.).
- The payment must be submitted on one check or credit card which matches
the company or agency name. A copy of the business license must be submitted with the application.
- Payment in full must be received at the SE Trauma Institute
office at least 30 days prior to the start of each training module.
- The entire group must continue through the training for the
specific discount to be honored at each module.
Those who have attended a 3-hour “Introduction to SE®” or a 6-hour
“Fundamentals of SE®” workshop are entitled to a one-time $50 discount off their Beginning I tuition.
The SE® Trauma Institute offers a 10% discount on the 2nd student’s tuition when a couple wishes to
join the training. Normal application procedures apply. Please Note: This discount
is only available through the SE® Trauma Institute office and cannot be accessed through online registration.
|SOMATIC EXPERIENCING® TRAUMA INSTITUTE
6685 Gunpark Drive Suite 102
Boulder, CO 80301