|Somatic Experiencing® : Nature’s Lessons in Healing Trauma
PTSD and war go hand in hand. Unfortunately, the body has been woefully overlooked as an essential vehicle for processing traumatic experience. This is where Somatic Experiencing®, the work of renowned author of waking the Tiger, Peter A. Levine, Ph.D., comes in. This disc documents five pro bono sessions that Peter gave to a young marine. Ray had been blown up by two explosive devices (IEDs) and disabled with diagnoses of both severe PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). He was brought to see Peter after developing chronic pain, Tourettes-like convulsions, cognitive problems and insomnia due to night terrors. Some highlights include:
You will see Ray rediscover his capacity for self-awareness as Peter gently and elegantly guides him towards self-regulation and reintegration into peacetime society.
- Seeing Peter slow down and guide Ray to complete his interrupted orienting response to the blast, thereby dispersing and dispelling the head and neck convulsions.
- In a dramatic final session, Peter expertly uses a retreat group to help Ray contain his rage, process his survivor’s guilt, and re-engage his development of intimate interpersonal relationships that are free of the “trauma-bonding” (which is so common with war veterans).
FEATURE Disc: This disc condenses over five session hours into two edited hours of viewing, including features that allow you to customize the level of instruction, such as:
These exciting new features will provide you with the
additional tools necessary to implement SE® for this acutely demanding need.
- Audio Commentary: For the first time, hear Peter Levine give some pointers and perspectives of the session via an additional Audio track!
- Informative subtitles: On-Screen Subtitles can be toggled on to enrich your understanding of key events and actions during the sessions.
- All 5 unedited sessions that span over two extra discs. Watch these session in their entirety, like you were actually there.